I just read this book yesterday and it really made me think.
The world is so vast. And it's so incredibly intriguing. And there is nothing I desire more than to explore its every corner. This book is written by a journalist who openly admits to being a grump who goes on a search for the truth of happiness. He visits a multitude of countries like Iceland (the proclaimed "happiest place on earth"), Quatar, Great Britain, and India, interviewing people who could answer his inquiries and could possibly hold the key to the definition of happiness. While he does not always get a straight answer, he begins to compile a list of what it means to have joy in different parts of the world. As a writer and a lover of travel, this book sort of inspired me, even more so because I haven't been the happiest lately. It gave me this insight on how happiness isn't just one hue- it spans so many shades that I think I might actually be able to achieve it. I'd love to be paid to travel and write like that. Lucky guy.
This is a library. I know. Amazing. While I do enjoy working at our library, I'd much rather work at this one.
Je suis heureux lentement. Six jours, puis l'été!


No comments:
Post a Comment