Thursday, March 10, 2011

Running

The future is no place to place your better days.

Dave Matthews Band sang that lyric, and it's been running through my head recently. I feel like all I've been doing lately is looking for the future. Like I'm running some marathon in the pouring rain, tired and cold but my feet cannot stop pounding the pavement. And I keep telling myself that soon enough, I'll see Better Days kickin' it on a glossy park bench with a bottle of water and a boombox playing "Here Comes the Sun" to push the clouds away. And Better Days will stand up and hand me the water and the sun will brilliantly light up the sky and I'll be able to get off this trail of neverending storms.
But I really cannot depend on the future to be ten times better than today is. It's all about making today count. I've got to keep running! And envision something beautiful at the finish line- the finish line of every day, not the ambiguous finish line of the future that I keep imagining. Otherwise I'll just be an embodiment of that storm that perpetuates my nightmares, and that's definitely not healthy to myself or those around me.
The Kings of Leon concert is in less than a month! Ireland is rapidly approaching! I have a great roommate. I'm learning more and more this semester about myself and my relationships and the subjects I'm taking. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment