Monday, May 2, 2011

Adventure is Out There

April has been pretty good to me, as far as music is concerned. I've received a lot of new music and I've also had the privilege of seeing Kings of Leon, Lotus, MUMFORD & SONS (!!), Paul Thorn, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ludacris, and Ke$ha live- in one month! In just a few days, I'm leaving to go to South Africa for ten days, where I will learn about another culture, accumulate ample business/marketing knowledge, and go on a safari.

And then there's the big adventure that I've recently signed up for. Earlier this semester on a whim, I applied for the Disney College Program. I grew up being fed on trips to Disney World and Disney movies and Walt's theory on dreams and accomplishing things. Naturally, I've harbored a desire to work there for as long as I can remember. And as I was sitting in my dorm, craving a foreign spin on my life, I decided I would apply. No big d. I had a phone interview later that week and a few weeks later, the whole thing just slid out of my head. I had classes and relationships and work to worry about, so I never thought about it. Then, a litlte over a week ago, I received an email from "Disney College Recruiting." Next thing I knew, I was staring at my computer screen in disbelief, uncertain of where my fall would be spent.
Needless to say, I've taken this opportunity and I will be spending my fall semester (September-early January) in one of my favorite places in the world, Walt Disney World. It's a big step but I think it's one that I definitely need to take. And I'm going to get credit for taking a class called Creativity and Innovation while there. Yeah. Sounds pretty good to me :)
On another note, totally done with finals. Now, to attend to the dark chocolate brownies in the oven and the disaster area that is currently my bedroom.

1 comment: